|Alignment||Originally Evil, Then Good (cartoon show only)|
|Voice Actor||Julie Dees-McWhirter|
|First Appearance||The Smurflings (comics)
Season 5 (cartoon)
|Name Translation of Sassette Smurfling|
|Italian||Puffo al Sassette|
- You may also be looking for the episode Sassette.
She was the second female Smurf who was created by the same magic formula Gargamel had used to create Smurfette with, though the Smurflings who created her used a smaller amount of blue clay than what Gargamel used for Smurfette, resulting in a female Smurfling.
Sassette is a tomboy: playful, energetic, and is willing to get dirty just to have some fun. During her debut episode, Sassette liked playing usual boy games, like marbles, climbing trees, digging for earthworms, arm wrestling and even mud playing.
She does have a girly side however; she likes dressing up and playing with her doll Smurfy Lou.
Sassette also occasionally comes up with new plans that she uses to make the lives of her fellow adult Smurfs easier, such as hosting the Mr. Smurf Contest, so that Smurfette could choose which Smurf to be her date to the Harvest Moon Ball.
People who never heard of Sassette always questioned where she came from, as they thought there was only supposed to be one female smurf. Some incorrectly assume she was an offspring of the Smurfs.
She was really created by the Smurflings, in attempt to cheer up a sad Smurfette so that she wouldn't be lonely anymore, but due to their small size, they only gathered enough blue clay to make a Smurfette that was two apples tall (Or the size of a Smurfling).
Sassette started out as extremely rude; she actually got her name when Hefty pointed out how "Sassy" she was and then Painter called her a "Sassette." She was splashed with the "Smurfy" potion though.
In the comic adaption of her origin story, Sassette was given her name by the Smurflings without any in-universe explanation resulting from her behavior, which was chatty.
Sassette had a really rocky start with the Smurflings because she got on their (mostly Snappy's) nerves. They warmed up to her though, and she became another close friend.
Sassette is also close with Smurfette, the two being like sisters, despite their contrasting interests. Smurfette does her best to cheer Sassette up, and Sassette wants everything in Smurfette's life to go smoothly.
Sassette also finds a close father figure with Papa Smurf, who she calls "Pappy" and, later on, with Grandpa Smurf, who she calls "Grandpy". Sassette also likes Gargamel a bit more than the other Smurfs, thinking of him as her 'father' during her debut episode. She calls him "Pappy Gargamel" at some points, though in one episode her affections for the wizard cooled when by holding the Topaz of Truth he unwittingly revealed to Sassette his true evil nature.
She spends most of her time with the Smurflings. Nat is the nicest to her, even when she first appeared. Slouchy didn't really seem to mind her. Snappy, though, is another story. The two bicker a lot, but they are also pretty close (Ex. Outside of the Smurfling group, Sassette and Snappy are always playing with each other)
In the game, Sassette has a hut on the Island. The walls are pink and the roof is made of straw. The hut gives out daily XP when it's placed next to Snappy's house or Slouchy's. Her hut costs 30 smurfberries.
- Sassette has the most high-pitched of all the Smurf voices.
- She has many catchphrases based on animals throughout every episode she makes an appearance in, such as - "Jumping Jackrabbits!", "Chattering Chipmunks!", "Fluttering Fireflies!", "Colorful Canaries!", "Jumping Jaybirds!", "Swamping Shallows!", "Galloping Groundhogs!", "Creeping Caterpillars!", "Worrying Wombats!", "Hovering Hummingbirds!", "Disappearing Dodos!", "Hopping Hippos!", "Waking Warthogs!", "Giggling Guppies!", "Scampering Squirrels!", "Bopping Robins!", "Creeping Cobras!", "Sizzling Sandcrabs!", "Slithering Serpents!", "Happy Homing Pigeons!", "Tumbling Tadpoles!", "Bouncing Bunnies!", "Relaxing Reptiles!", "Scaring Scorpions!", "Playing Porcupines!", "Slippery Sandworms!", "Glittering Glowworms!", "Worn-out Warthogs!", "Staggering Stallions!", "Grumbling Groundhogs!", "Howling Hound Dogs!", "Flapping Flounders!", "Soaring Seagulls!", "Hopping Horned-toads!", "Weeping Whippoorwills!", "Singing Songbirds!", "Hollering Hedgehogs!", "Tiptoeing Tarantulas!", "Jumping Junebugs!", "Leaping Lions!", "Bribing Buffaloes!", "Suffering Silkworms!", "Lingering Lovebirds!" among others.
- Sassette was one of the two Smurflings who appeared in a Smurf Magic Berries cereal commercial; the other one was Snappy.
- Being that she is a magically-created Smurf, both Sassette and Smurfette have never been baby Smurfs at any point, though Smurfette was a Smurfling in "Smurf Van Winkle".
- In the comics, Sassette has freckles.
- In the cartoon, Sassette has a pet frog.
- Sassette is the first created Smurf that was going to explode and kill everyone, though she herself didn't know that.
- In her debut episode on the cartoon show, Sassette has a terrible singing voice. However, her singing voice got better in many other episodes.