Season 2, which aired from 1982 to 1983, expanded the running time of the show from its original 60 minutes to 90 minutes, featuring three main-cast episodes and a "Johan And Peewit" episode during the final 30 minutes of the show, featuring Johan and Peewit as the main characters and the Smurfs as their supporting characters. It was during this season that two cartoon specials, "The Smurfs Christmas Special" (December 12, 1982) and "My Smurfy Valentine" (February 13, 1983), were aired, introducing Chlorhydris the evil witch as well as Cupid the cherub.
The Season 2 intro sequence is noted for featuring the lyrics to the Smurf song, which were later used in both the 2011 Smurfs movie and in a dance version in one of the songs in the playlist of The Smurfs Dance Party. As in the first season, Clumsy runs to get behind the SMURFS title logo and then appears on the mushroom.
The episodes that appeared in this season (in the order of their original air dates) include:
|No. in series||No. in season||Title card||Title||Air date||Code|
|40||1||The Smurf Who Couldn't Say No||September 18, 1982||203|
|41||2||The Adventures Of Robin Smurf||September 18, 1982||220|
|42||3||The Cursed Country||September 18, 1982||J01|
|43||4||Sister Smurf||September 25, 1982||202a|
|44||5||S-Shivering S-Smurfs||September 25, 1982||204b|
|45||6||The Black Hellebore||September 25, 1982||J02|
|46||7||Revenge Of The Smurfs||September 25, 1982||208b|
|47||8||The Three Smurfketeers||October 2, 1982||222|
|48||9||Heavenly Smurfs||October 2, 1982||221b|
|49||10||It Came From Outer Smurf||October 2, 1982||206b|
|50||11||The Sorcery Of Maltrochu||October 2, 1982||J03|
|51||12||Squeaky||October 9, 1982||206a|
|52||13||The Kaplowey Scroll||October 9, 1982||214b|
|53||14||The Goblin Of Boulder Wood||October 9, 1982||J04|
|54||15||Gormandizing Greedy||October 9, 1982||202b|
|55||16||Waste Not, Smurf Not||October 9, 1982||204a|
|56||17||Johan's Army||October 16, 1982||J05|
|57||18||The Lost City Of Yore||October 16, 1982||219|
|58||19||The Magic Fountain||October 16, 1982||J06|
|59||20||The Impostor King||October 23, 1982||J07|
|60||21||For The Love Of Gargamel||October 23, 1982||210a|
|61||22||The A-Maze-Ing Smurfs||October 23, 1982||209b|
|62||23||The Haunted Castle||October 23, 1982||J09|
|63||24||Smurfs At Sea||October 30, 1982||215|
|64||25||One Good Smurf Deserves Another||October 30, 1982||208a|
|65||26||The Blue Plague||October 30, 1982||205|
|66||27||The Last Laugh||October 30, 1982||209a|
|67||28||The Raven Wizard||November 6, 1982||J08|
|68||29||The Ring Of Castellac||November 6, 1982||J10|
|69||30||The Sky Is Smurfing! The Sky Is Smurfing!||November 6, 1982||211a|
|70||31||Turncoat Smurf||November 6, 1982||211b|
|71||32||Return Of The Clockwork Smurf||November 13, 1982||J11|
|72||33||The Littlest Giant||November 13, 1982||217|
|73||34||Bubble, Bubble, Smurfs In Trouble||November 13, 1982||221a|
|74||35||Smurf Van Winkle||November 13, 1982||210b|
|75||36||The Prince And The Peewit||November 20, 1982||J12|
|76||37||The Enchanted Baby||November 20, 1982||J13|
|77||38||Clumsy Smurfs The Future||November 20, 1982||213a|
|78||39||Sleepwalking Smurfs||November 27, 1982||216b|
|79||40||Smurf Me No Flowers||November 27, 1982||214a|
|80||41||The Good, The Bad, And The Smurfy||November 27, 1982||201|
|81||42||A Mere Truffle||November 27, 1982||207|
|82||43||The Stuff Dreams Are Smurfed Of||December 4, 1982||213|
|83||44||The Box Of Dirty Tricks||December 4, 1982||216|
|84||45||Papa's Wedding Day||December 4, 1982||212|
|85||46||All's Smurfy That Ends Smurfy||December 4, 1982||218|
- Warner Home Video released the following titles, each of which features five episodes from this season.
- The Smurfs: A Magical Smurf Adventure by Warner Home Video is a 2 DVD set with 10 episodes from Season 2.
- Fabulous Films has released a 4-disc DVD set of Season 2 episodes (minus the Johan and Peewit episodes) in the United Kingdom. However, the episodes use a modified version of the Season 1 intro sequence.
- In August 2011, Magna Home Entertainment released the entire season on DVD set for Australia and New Zealand. All the episodes and two specials (My Smurfy Valentine and The Smurfs Christmas Special) except the Johan and Peewit episodes were included.
- Imavision released a Season 2 DVD set in French in Canada.
- In August 2011, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment have released the entire season DVD set for Germany, with all the episodes and two specials (My Smurfy Valentine and The Smurfs Christmas Special) except the Johan and Peewit episodes were included.
- In August 2020, HBO Max released season 2 in a brand new HD remaster of the original uncut USA editions.
|Smurfs (TV series), 1981-1990|
|Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 |
Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8 | Season 9